Do you have a paper accepted for publication? Are you unsure about how to comply with REF2021 requirements? Unsure about Green and Gold Open Access?
Have no fear, we’re here to help!
WHAT TO DO?
If you have a paper accepted for publication, congratulations! The next steps are:
- Forward the acceptance letter and the unformatted manuscript, as accepted by the publisher, to email@example.com.
- We will deposit the accepted manuscript into Pure/AURA, making sure that we comply with both the REF and any publisher embargo policies.
- This must be done within 3 months of the acceptance date for REF requirements.
If you are unsure at any point then ask us! We’ll keep you right.
GREEN OR GOLD OPEN ACCESS?
Most journals offer a REF compliant Green Open Access route, meaning that they allow the accepted manuscript to be deposited in the institutional repository. This can be checked at Sherpa Romeo or library staff can help.
If you have been funded by UKRI or Wellcome and you wish to publish in a fully open access journal then contact firstname.lastname@example.org who can check to see if we have funds available to pay the Article Processing Charge.
Sadly there are no central funds available for APCs.
The University has a number of Open Access Agreements with publishers where you may be able to publish gold open access at no additional cost or at a discounted rate.
KEEP US INFORMED!
Help us to keep the Pure record up to date by informing us of any changes to the publication details. Email us at email@example.com
FURTHER HELP AND INFORMATION
- Scholarly Communications Officer (REF compliance and Open Access queries): Joanna Adams
- Research Information Officer (Pure system queries): Nykohla Strong
- REF webpages: https://www.ref.ac.uk/
- University REF and open access pages: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/library/support/open-access-212.php
Rebecca Hankinson, Principal Information Assistant (Medical Library),
University of Aberdeen