OvidToday is an easy-to-use app, available for iPad® and Android™ devices. The app offers instant access to browse through our Ovid-subscribed journals.
- Browse Ovid® Journal Holdings – search by journal name, A-Z or by category to find journals that best fit any specialty area
- Intuitive Interface and Navigation – makes reading journal articles a simple experience
- Personal Reading List – you can create a list of journals to follow, even offline, that is most relevant to your research, practice and education
- Stay Up-To-Date – the latest content from our subscribed journals is instantly available on the app once on Ovid – including Publish Ahead of Print
- Read Articles Anywhere – Access up to 6 months-worth of rolling content and PDF articles while on-the-go – on campus or at home with remote authentication
Watch the OvidToday Brainshark webinar online to find of more about OvidToday, then download the app here:
Medical Library Team
The 2015 Embase® global database reload on Ovid® was completed on Monday, March 9, 2015. See below for complete details on the reload.
The reload incorporates 937 new terms that have been added to Emtree as preferred terms for 2015. This includes 140 replacement terms (19 drug terms and 121 medical terms). Of these terms, 125 are new (generic names for drug chemical names) and 15 are replacements.
- No drug terms will be replaced by a medical term, and no medical terms will be replaced by a drug term
- No preferred terms will be deleted
Additional MEDLINE®-Unique Records
Elsevier has added further MEDLINE®-unique records to Embase and Embase Classic. This includes up to 25,000 records from 1974-2011 and up to 120,000 records from 1967-1973. These records will not be part of AutoAlerts. To view them, you will need to enter the following into your search to retrieve them –
- 201592.up for records from 1974-2011
- 201593.up for records from 1967-1973
As a reminder, Embase reloads twice annually. If you have any questions, please contact Ovid Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Medical Library Team
Ovid Online Training sessions offer novice, intermediate, and advanced workshops to help you get the most out of the Ovid interface.
The live real-time sessions with OVID trainers last an hour or less and give you the opportunity to interact with Ovid’s trainers. These courses are also available as pre–recorded webex sessions.
They are accessible online 24 hours a day and can be paused, restarted, fast forwarded and replayed. You will be able to see the interface screens and hear the trainer’s instruction just as you would in live instructor–led sessions.
These sessions include:
- My Projects
- Basic searching techniques
- Introduction to command line searching
Self–running tutorials and demos provide users with brief, step–by–step overviews of the features and functionality of the OvidSP platform. They are available in a number of different formats, some include narrative voice–over in multiple languages, and cover OvidSP search modes, personal accounts, my projects, customization options, and more.
To access all these courses follow the link http://www.ovid.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/content_service_Training_13051_-1_13151
Medical Library Team