The 2015 Embase® global database reload on Ovid® was completed on Monday, March 9, 2015. See below for complete details on the reload.
The reload incorporates 937 new terms that have been added to Emtree as preferred terms for 2015. This includes 140 replacement terms (19 drug terms and 121 medical terms). Of these terms, 125 are new (generic names for drug chemical names) and 15 are replacements.
- No drug terms will be replaced by a medical term, and no medical terms will be replaced by a drug term
- No preferred terms will be deleted
Additional MEDLINE®-Unique Records
Elsevier has added further MEDLINE®-unique records to Embase and Embase Classic. This includes up to 25,000 records from 1974-2011 and up to 120,000 records from 1967-1973. These records will not be part of AutoAlerts. To view them, you will need to enter the following into your search to retrieve them –
- 201592.up for records from 1974-2011
- 201593.up for records from 1967-1973
- Download a list of Emtree terms added and changed in January 2015
- Download the Current list of journals indexed by Embase, used to update the “Exclude MEDLINE Journals” limit (Excel spreadsheet))
- Please refer to the Embase Database Guide for further information
As a reminder, Embase reloads twice annually. If you have any questions, please contact Ovid Customer Support at email@example.com.
The Medical Library Team